AEU members can join the Teachers Health Fund, a not-for-profit fund which provides education workers and their families with high benefit health cover at a low contribution rate.
Enjoy one month’s free health cover and 2 & 6 months waived* if you join Teachers Health Fund by 31 March 2013!
Teachers Health Fund exists purely to support teachers and their families. As a mutual, for-member organisation and the largest industry-based fund, Teachers Health Fund understands the needs of teachers and their families and is committed to providing quality products and services, along with the highest possible benefits, to our members at the lowest sustainable cost.
In 2012 we returned nearly 89 cents in Hospital, Medical and Extras benefits to members for every dollar received and paid total benefits of $320 million. Our recent premium increase of 4.1% was well below the industry average of 5.6% and significantly below four of the big-name health insurers in Australia. Over the last four years our average rate increase has been below 5%, despite the rising costs of health care.
Switching is easy so join Teachers Health Fund today to receive:
- competitively priced health insurance
- quality products and services
- generous benefits for the services we know are important to you
- online claiming for a range of Extras services
Plus, if you join Teachers Health Fund by 31 March 2013 then you’ll enjoy one month’s free health cover and 2 & 6 month waiting periods waived*.
What are you waiting for? Visit teachershealth.com.au and join today.
Teachers Health Fund is:
- The largest restricted membership health fund in Australia
- Designed exclusively for the education community
- Financially strong - significantly exceeds statutory reserve requirements
- Directed by a Board consisting mainly of current and former teachers.
Advantages of the Teachers Health Fund are:
- Quality cover at competitive rates
- Range of products to suit all needs and budgets
- Single-minded focus on the education community's health needs
- Generous benefits and limits
- Members get the benefits - not shareholders.
Who can join?
- Current and former members of education unions (including student, part-time and full-time members)
- Partners, former partners, children, siblings, parents and grandchildren of Teachers Health Fund members