AEU Tasmania Branch Council
The Branch Council is the supreme decision making body of the AEU. The Council meets three times a year and debates and endorses policy. Council is responsible for signing off on the annual AEU budget and is a forum for dealing with bigger picture social justice issues such as ethical investment and reconciliation.
The Council comprises all Branch Executive members plus representatives from:
- The General Division – South, North, North-west, Allied Staff, Secondary Colleges; and
- The TAFE Division (7 members)
The number of delegates is determined by a formula relevant to the number of members in each region.
AEU Tasmania Branch Councillors
AEU Tasmania Branch Executive
Branch Executive is the employer of staff at the AEU and deals with professional, industrial, political and administrative issues.
TAFE Executive and Secondary Colleges Committee of Management decide on matters discrete to their sectors; all other matters are sent to Branch Executive.
Branch Executive comprises
- President (elected by all members)
- Five Deputy Presidents elected by relevant division or sector
- TAFE (Division President)
- General Division
- Secondary Colleges
- North West
- Allied Staff
- Nine Executive positions (elected by all members)